Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Eat!

It's been raining for two days so naturally to curb the depressing shadows that descend with a rainfall, I want to eat :) 
I joke. Sort of.
My stomach wants this: 
I have termed these 'ooey gooey cinnamon rolls'
But my brain thinks this would be better for me: 

I think it's time for a little healthy eating. 

Have you heard about Daily Garnish? 
It's a great site that's all about healthy recipes, cooking tips & active living. It's a recent discovery for me but I think it'll become a daily read very soon :) 
DailyGarnish.com
I'm dying to try this recipe for Quinoa Tabouli from there. 
IMG_4441 (800x600)
Quniao Tabouli - Daily Garnish
There are step by step photos on the site which are beautiful and easy to follow. I can't wait to try this! 

One of my all time favorite sites for healthy cooking (and beautiful photography) is 101Cookbooks by Heidi Swanson. She is such a talented photographer and has written 2 cookbooks. 
This recipe from her for Lemon-Scented Quinoa Salad is one of my all time favorites. 
The blend of ingredients and flavors come together to make the most wonderful taste in your mouth and it's so healthy you'll feel amazing & light afterwards yet incredibly full & satisfied. 
Lemon-scented Quinoa Salad
Lemon-scented Quinoa Salad - 101Cookbooks
While we're on the topic of qunioa :) I love this twist on it from Martha Stewart (who else? See here & here) I'm always looking for make ahead breakfast items that are good to 'grab & go' since we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but no one really wants to get up earlier then they have to, to make it. 
Quinoa Muffins
Quinoa Muffins - Martha Stewart
These are delicious and taste as a breakfast muffin should. I love how the addition of raisins makes them feel decedent and not at all as healthy as they really are! Ps - They freeze well - so whip up a big batch, freeze individually and every morning you can just pop one in the toaster & go! :)

I didn't mean to go all quinoa crazy on you but these are truly great recipes (and my favorites) and quinoa is an amazing grain. Especially when you are trying to be healthy but don't want to sacrifice flavor or substance.
 
Do you like quinoa? What are your favorites ways of eating it?

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

11 comments:

  1. I love Quiona!! I have not heard of any of those cooking sites, thanks for sharing! It has been raining here too, meaning I am cooped up inside and bored, which = eating alot. I snack when I am bored. Those muffins look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try quinoa but I tend to have an aversion to foods I can't add cheese to! lol. No seriously, I'll save this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... obsessed with quinoa. Those recipes look delicious!

    http://bornandbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of these sites and I am super excited to check them out! Thanks for the idea!!!

    http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing quinoa a lot recently, just never tried it myself...but looking at these delicious recipes, I might give it a try.

    I'm especially intrigued by those muffins...YUM!

    xx
    http://tamunatko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to be honest, the only thing here that appeals to me are the cinn rolls ;) i'm in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just gained weight look at those amazing cinnamon rolls!! I have never cooked with quinoa, but I have it, and it is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to give the quinoa muffins a try - when i travelled to Bolivia thats what we lived on and i havent had it since but its time to give it a go i think!
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so delicious! I'm hungry now :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't experimented much with quinoa but after this post, I think I'm going to try! Those cinnamon rolls look divine though...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here! I enjoy reading & responding to every comment!

Pin It button on image hover